Wednesday, April 23, 2014

I can't believe it's been 1 month!

**Hermana Hunter has requested for letters to no longer be sent to her MTC address, but rather her address for while she is in the field because she only has about two weeks left in the MTC!



Hi!!!! 

Wow I love those Easter pictures!! Everyone is dying over my model family.

Ok this week was SOO GOOD!!! We got to go proselyting all day in the Lima North mission! It was about an hour bus ride and I got put with a super cute girl from Argentina as my companion. She spoke different spanish and spoke really fast so it was a little challenging, but I made it!!

So we had two members and a teacher go with us and they were super nice, but I felt so awkward as they were all walking together speaking Spanish and I could only pick out a couple words here and there because of how fast they were talking! So I was walking kinda alone and I started to get really nervous, but all of a sudden this wave of love came over me and I knew I wasnt alone, the Savior and my Heavenly Father were right there with me to help me. And they did! We taught two less actives, and actually got let into three non member homes! My favorite part of the whole day was when my good friend from BYU, Elder Beau Sittion, led us to this home of a family that was on top of the mountain and they always try and visit with, but are never let inside. Side note- the further up the mountain you get, the more and more poor it is. It was the most poverty I have ever seen! So my companion and I went to the door and this little girl came to the window which had bars over it and we asked her if we could speak to her mom and she told us she wasnt there even though I could see her in the kitche. So we asked the little girl if we could speak to her. Her name is Mart and she is 7 years old. My companion looked at me and said, ok you teach her. I had the two members, the ccm teacher, my companion, my friend, and his companion all behind me as I taught this little girl in the limited spanish I know. So I pulled out a picture of Jesus and asked her if she knew who it was, she smiled and said Jesus. Then I asked her if she knows who God is, she just smiled. I then told her that God is her loving Heavenly Father, Jesus is her brother and that they both love her very much. I then asked Marta if she has ever prayed or if she knows how to pray, she said no so I told her that prayer is how we talk to God and that He wants us to pray to him. I then taught this little 7 year old girl how to pray and then we said a prayer together, I gave her the restoration pamphlet and told her to have her family read it together and then she can teach everyone how to pray. I was overwhelmed at how much I felt Gods love for this little girl. I thought of Maggie and how she is a daughter of God, how I am a daughter of God, Marta is a daughter of God, we ALL are children of God.

The last lesson of the day was with a non memeber woman that did not want to talk to us, but still let us inside. We sat down and I asked her what is most important to her, she started talking and I could not understand anything she was saying, I started getting a little nervous and then I felt prompted to tell her that God loves her and that she is His daughter. By accepting the gospel, she can live with God again along with her family for all eternity. This woman then started sobbing and went on to say more that I wish so badly I could understand, but I was confident that the Lord led me to what I should tell that woman. We sang families can be together forever in Spanish and I felt the spirit flood the room. I am so thankful for this Gospel and for the blessings it brings to my life. I was reminded once again why I want to be here serving a mission.

Easter Sunday was the best! We got to hear from so many apostels! There is too much to say, but to sum it up, I felt so beyond loved by my Savior, the prophet and his apostles, and my family and the other missionaries on Easter. For dinner we got the straws and the egg you sent mom and had a super festive Easter dinner! Everyone says thank you Easter bunny momma Hunter!!!!
 
Yo se que La Iglesia de Jesucristo es verdadera. Yo se El Libro de Mormon es verdadero y El Evangelio de Jesucristo fue restaurado por medio de Jose Smith. Yo se Dios envio a Su hijo, Jesucristo y El sufrio y muerio por nuestros pecados. Dios es nuestro amoroso Padre y somos Sus hijos. Este conocimiento ayuda me superar desafios y vivir feliz. Este es mi testimonio.

I love you all and pray for you everyday!
 
Love always and forever,
Hermana Hunter



No comments:

Post a Comment